Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
The Neuron Signaling Lab led by Asst. Prof. Siew Cheng PHUA is a new research group in the Department of Biological Sciences at National University of Singapore. In our lab, we are combining molecular tools with advanced in vivo imaging and behavior approaches to illuminate the signaling events happening inside the mammalian brain and the implications on behavior.
We are currently seeking a Research Assistant to establish technical capabilities of the lab, manage mouse colonies and assist in lab procurement duties. Qualified candidates with suited research experience will also be assigned with research projects.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in biological sciences or equivalent with a few years of work experience in academic or industry lab settings
- Demonstrated skills in at least 2 of following: tissue histology/ cell culture/ viral vector production/ molecular biology, preferably with some neuroscience knowledge
- Experience in mouse handling and colony management is necessary
- Demonstrated skills in lab or project management will be preferred
- Great team player with good communication skills
Interested applicants, please write to Siew Cheng with a detailed CV that includes your (i) qualifications (ii) research interests (iii) research experience (iv) 2 references
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: [[Kent Ridge Campus]]
Organization: [[National University of Singapore]]
Department : [[Department of Biological Sciences]]
Employee Referral Eligible: [[No]]
Job requisition ID : 16953