Lecturer in Primary Care, Teaching and Research
Who we are:
UNSW Sydney is globally recognised for making an impact and it’s our people who make this happen. We are Australia’s number one university for impact in research, and we are one of the top 20 employers in Australia.
- 3 Year Fixed Term, Part time (14 hrs/week) opportunity
- Level B: $111K - $131K base + 17% superannuation & leave loading.
- Full working right required for duration of contract
- Sydney, Australia based.
Why this role matters
A Lecturer (Level B) is expected to carry out activities to develop their scholarly research and professional activities both nationally and internationally and to contribute significantly to achieving the teaching and service missions of the School and Faculty. The role of Lecturer reports to Associate Professor in General Practice and has no direct reports.
Who you are:
- Tertiary qualifications or postgraduate degree in a health profession that is aligned to primary care
- Eligible for registration as a medical practitioner or a health practitioner with AHPRA.
- Actively stays up to date with discipline knowledge and professional development.
- Proven commitment to proactively keeping up to date with discipline knowledge and developments.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and learning design, development and delivery at
- undergraduate and/or postgraduate level.
- Experience using and/or designing with educational technologies and online delivery methods.
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness and passion for educational excellence (e.g. relevant discipline-based curriculum design and development at a variety of levels and scales).
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry or experience of work-integrated learning (desirable).
- Evidence of ability to support and inspire students from diverse backgrounds and support student equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Demonstrated track record in research with outcomes of high quality and high impact with clear evidence of the desire and ability to continually achieve research excellence as well as the capacity for research leadership.
- A track record of significant involvement with the profession and/or industry.
- High level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- Evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills.
How to apply:
Please click on the following link To Apply
Applications should not be sent to the contact listed below. Can you please provide a resume and a cover letter addressing your interest in the role. Please see the full position description found here.
Contact (job related questions only)
A/Professor Joel Rhee – email@example.com
Applications close: Monday, 24th October before 11:30 pm.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.