Goods In facilities Administrator
Faculty Central (FELS)
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £22,149 to £25,642
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Wednesday 19 October 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
You are invited to apply for the full-time post of Building 85 Goods In/Facilities Administrator to provide support to Centre for Biological Sciences and other occupants of the Institute for Life Sciences Building. We are seeking to appoint a team orientated, enthusiastic, flexible and organised person to carry out and provide support to help ensure the efficient delivery of building facilities and ordering services.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Facilities Manager and Goods In Officer to support the operational running of the building, ordering items for the labs.
- Provide support to the Facilities Manger in managing the Health and Safety of the building.
- Liaise with department colleagues in the reporting of building issues, such as broken lights and leaking taps.
- Provide cover for goods in.
The ideal candidate should have:-
- Previous experience of providing effective and efficient administrative support
- A proven track record in identifying and resolving critical issues
- Good numeracy, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage your own workload effectively to meet business requirements
- Good inter-personal skills, the ability to build effective and credible working relationships and be a strong team-player
- Up-to-date MS Office skills
The successful candidate will be expected to work 36 hours per week, and will need to provide cover between the hours of 7:30am and 3:30pm Monday to Friday for several weeks a year. Some manual handling is required.
The University supports a flexible approach to work, including the ability to work from home, as well as providing additional benefits that will make your life easier, such as a generous holiday allowance, access to a University pension scheme, subsidised health and fitness facilities and a range of discounts. Furthermore, the University is a fantastic place to work – regardless of what life stage you are at, you will be a valued member of our team.
We are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect and equality of opportunity. We select candidates on the basis of merit and ability and aspire to thrive in the diversity of our workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates with an interest in the role and those who are committed to helping us create an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from candidates from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities, people who identify as LGBTQ+; and people with disabilities.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Mark Dixon on M.S.Dixon@soton.ac.uk
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Holly Shergold (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 1992722RW on all correspondence.