Software / Web Developer, Cyber Range Training Centre
- Salary Package: From $99,739 to $108,139 per annum (HEW Level 7), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment: Full time, 15 months fixed term
- Location: Macquarie University, North Ryde
Reporting to the Project Manager, Cyber Range Training Centre, the Software/Web Developer will be responsible for multiple or all aspects of the requirements analysis, design, build and configuration, test, change management and training, release management, monitoring, tuning, and maintenance of associated software applications, platforms, and technologies.
The position will demonstrate solution development best practice including using contemporary applications and development methodologies with a focus on continual improvement.
Key Accountabilities of the role include (not limited to):
- Design, build, implement and configure IT solutions, software applications, platforms, and technologies in relevant domains. This includes liaison with internal and external stakeholders, service partners and suppliers, and ensure compliance with relevant IAT-CRTC standards and processes, to maintain the protection of enterprise information and reliability of service delivery.
- Manage and support the end-to-end delivery of solutions.
- Provide advice to clients across the IAT-CRTC to service their software application needs including identification of risks and opportunities for improvement
- Monitor, analyse, and report on availability, performance, and capacity of services and resources and assist in the assessment and planning of necessary uplift or new initiatives to address issues and/or eliminate adverse impacts on service delivery.
- Contribute to the evaluation of relevant software applications, platforms, and technologies and their applicability to the IAT- CRTC
About the Project
The NSW Government is funding the establishment of two pilot Institutes of Applied Technology (IATs) to provide an entirely new form of Australian higher education institution which will deliver fully integrated theoretical and practical employability skills. One of these is the state-of-the-art IAT-Digital Tech at Meadowbank with Macquarie University, Microsoft, UTS and TAFE NSW collaborating on designing, building and delivering courses.
Macquarie University is leading the implementation of the Cyber Security signature discipline with a distinctive and unique cross-disciplinary curriculum within a live cyber range facility. This cyber range facility will also deliver customisable training which can be tailored to different skills and expertise levels in online, physical face-to-face and blended/hybrid modes.
You will be a talented and highly motivated professional with experience in end-to-end software development delivery and working with contemporary life cycle methodologies.
You will have excellent communication and collaboration skills, coupled with strong analytical and technical skills. You will need to be agile with the ability to build rapport and manage effective relationships with diverse groups of partners and stakeholders.
You are organised, a team player and have an eye for detail with a strong focus on continuous improvement to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in processes.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your CV and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field or equivalent knowledge, skills, and experience with demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Knowledge of IT service management concepts and experience with their application in an enterprise work environment
- Experience working with one or more Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (such as DevOps, GitHub, CI/CD, or platform-specific methodology).
- Experience across the end-to-end SDLC including requirements analysis, design, build and configuration, test, change management and training, release management, monitoring, tuning, and maintenance.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and conceptual thinking to the analysis, design, and implementation of complex and specialised solutions, including applying new frameworks and technology.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing application solutions for complex enterprise systems within complex multi-stakeholder and formalised project delivery environments, supporting both cloud and hybrid on-premises application configurations.
- Experience with development on open-source platforms
Role Enquiries: Michael Chen, Project Manager, Cyber Range Training Centre, Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub via e-mail at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquires: Bec Newman, HR Consultant via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Thursday, 13 October 2022 at 11:59 pm (AEST)
Macquarie University's goal is to increase the proportion of women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, and diverse peoples of all backgrounds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) roles. Applications are considered holistically, and candidates are encouraged to apply even if they may not feel strong on every individual selection criterion.
For more information, please visit our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion page https://staff.mq.edu.au/work/diversity-inclusion