Fixed-Term AEP Lecturer in Mathematics (Education)

Location
London (Greater) (GB)
Salary
£40,386 to £47,414 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance
Posted
28 Sep 2022
End of advertisement period
23 Oct 2022
Ref
055369
Contract Type
Fixed Term
Hours
Full Time

Job description

Applications are invited for two fixed-term Academic Education Pathway (AEP) Lecturers in Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics at King’s College London. 

The Academic Education Pathway (AEP) is focused on the delivery of education, including promoting best practice. Indicatively, 80% of a staff member’s activities will be accounted for by a combination of educational leadership and innovation, teaching, supervision, student support, and administration, and the remaining 20% will be dedicated to scholarship. 

Candidates are expected to have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics or Theoretical Physics and some teaching experience in some area of Mathematics or Statistics.  They should have the potential to contribute to improvements in the student experience across the department.

The successful candidates will be expected to:

  • Deliver an excellent student experience through innovative teaching and assessment methods for both undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes.
  • Undertake a self-directed programme of education-related research or scholarship at a level commensurate with the current international standards of excellence within the department.
  • Promote the reputation of the department through scientific meetings, scholarship and other externally facing activities.
  • Support the administration and organisation of the department to further its education activities and ambitions.

These posts will be offered on  fixed-term contracts for 3 years 

These are full-time posts - 100% full time equivalent

 

Similar jobs

Similar jobs

advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement
advertisement