Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Education, Human Society and its Environment
- Join a university that’s transforming tomorrow, today
- Deliver education differently with our game changing education model
- Location choices suited to the Australian coastal lifestyle on the east coast
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our gamechanging new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Faculty of Education is seeking a Lecturer or Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Education - Human Society and its Environment (HSIE) to contribute to teaching and learning, research and scholarship, engagement leadership and service within the Faculty. With a global reputation for excellence in collaborative and transdisciplinary educational and social research, the Faculty has a highly engaging research profile, with leading researchers responsive to the most pertinent research questions and issues in Australia and worldwide. The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Education will teach at undergraduate and graduate levels and be involved in course development and coordination.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Provide a high standard of teaching and learning, educational design and delivery.
- Support and enhance the student learning experience.
- Contribute to the Faculty’s research profile.
- Engagement with the profession and community.
To be successful in this role you will be a passionate education academic with proven high level of interpersonal skills, including the ability to successfully contribute to a team and collaborate with research and placement partners. You will bring a demonstrated success in achieving competitive grants and publications of findings in relevant outlets.
More specifically, you will have:
- A PhD/Professional Doctorate in Human Society and Its Environment (HSIE), or a relevant discipline.
- Evidence of experience in initial teacher education in Human Society and Its Environment
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of innovative curricula and teaching resources that support and enhance the effectiveness of student learning in a range of areas within a university setting.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistant programs and professional learning opportunities.
These positions are:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at either Coffs Harbour, Gold Coast or Lismore. Generous relocation support available
- Academic LevelC or B, depending on skills and experience.
- Academic Level C: The base salary ranges from $123,900-$142,531 per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $166,761.
- Academic Level B: The base salary ranges from $101,544 - $120,179per annum, plus 17% employers contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $140,609.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and respond to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is open to Australian and international applicants. This opportunity is available to candidates within Australia and located overseas. If the successful candidate requires visa sponsorship, the University will work with the appointee to support visa and travel requirements.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name:Professor Amy Cutter-Mackenzie-Knowles, Executive Dean, Faculty of Education
Phone: 07 5589 3463
Closing Date: 9:00 am AEDT, 26 October 2022
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow