Coordinator Period 2, Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Period Director Medical Education Periods 1 & 2, the Coordinator oversees daily operations in all related courses and activities in Periods 2.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversees and coordinates daily operations for all curricular issues within the courses in Period 2.
- Provides administrative support to the Assistant Dean of academic affairs and Clinical affairs, faculty for Period 2
- Support Clinical chairs, Clerkship directors in the affiliate hospitals
- Support Period 2 faculty/Adjunct faculty in inputting courses/grades/examinations and other assessment in the KU Learning management system (Moodle)
- Support course directors and period director in administrative functions for the evaluation and assessment of Period 1 and 2 courses to ensure they are meeting program goals
- Assists in scheduling and assigning clinical faculty and other faculty in all relevant courses in Period 2
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed by the Assistant Dean of academic affairs and Period Director Medical Education
- Ensure adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Ensure coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Coordinates other activities and events as directed by the Period Director Medical Education
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Record reflecting excellence in education, clinical practice, research, and/or administration
- Experience working in a medical school or healthcare environment
- Familiarity with curricular issues in education programs
- Teaching, leadership, mentoring, and presentation skills
- Experience working with an education institution in the Middle East
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time