Lecturer / Associate Lecturer in Media / Communication / Cultural Studies
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The role & key responsibilities
The Lecturer/Associate Lecturer in Media/Communication/Cultural Studies is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise including:
- Teaching at undergraduate, honors and postgraduate level.
- Professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline.
- Work collaboratively and collegially with fellow academics within the teaching team
- Update colleagues and students on developments in their subject area or specialisation
Key selection criteria
- Lecturer: PhD or equivalent relevant doctoral qualification from a recognised institution.
- Associate Lecturer: we will consider an application from an emerging academic who is in the final stages of relevant doctoral study or an industry professional in this field. In this instance, a relevant completed master’s degree from a recognised institution is required.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of your related subject areas.
- Industry experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery and, the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Highly rated performance relating to student outcomes, student experience and feedback
- Excellent team player
- Culturally adept and agile.
- To be eligible to be considered for the Lecturer role you will need to be able to evidence to date, a strong and consistent background in relevant international research with a strong publications’ portfolio.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit, you will need a PhD or Masters Degree qualification, and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members.
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We accept applications throughout the year.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
15 thg 11 2022 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.