Associate Lecturer in Digital Media
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
RMIT Vietnam, School of Communication & Design
The School of Communication & Design is committed to providing an international learning environment that encourages cultural awareness, critical thinking, experimentation and, above all, the ability to think differently.
Our students develop the competence, confidence and professionalism needed for successful careers in communication, design, fashion, film and video, and languages. See https://www.rmit.edu.vn/our-schools- centres/school-communication-design
The role & key responsibilities
The Associate Lecturer in Digital Media is expected to contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the University, in disciplines related to their field of expertise including:
- Undertake independent teaching at undergraduate, honours and postgraduate level including: designing, conducting and moderating assessment; implementing improvements informed by course evaluation activities and student feedback.
- Undertake independent professional activities, scholarship and/or conduct high quality research activities appropriate to the profession or discipline including: managing individual projects within timelines and budgets and ensuring compliance with quality and reporting requirements; publishing research results in high quality outlets as lead or co-author; preparing and submitting external research funding applications; and supervising higher degree by research candidates.
- Undertake administration duties, which may include course coordination role or management of a small award program.
- Participate in University governance activities as requested and undertake administration related to the position.
- Adhere to the requirements of the Academic Expectations and Development Framework of RMIT Vietnam.
Key selection criteria
- Associate Lecturer: A Master degree in the relevant discipline; have commenced or enrolled to commence in Doctoral course is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery, and the ability to produce high quality curriculum or program materials.
- Proven proficiency in two or more of the following
- Digital 2D or 3D animation
- Visual effects
- Motion graphics
- Colour grading
- 3D digital modeling
- 3D digital sculpting
- Interactive experience design using either Unity or Unreal
- Multimedia design
- Creative coding
- The ability to adapt to the rapidly changing landscape of digital media
- The ability to lecture on the topic of digital media history/theory
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with and to negotiate sensitively with students especially on issues related to effective learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills appropriate for interacting with higher degree by research candidates, staff and industry, together with a strong commitment to teamwork and multidisciplinary collaboration.
- To be eligible to be considered for the Lecturer role you will need to be able to evidence to date, a strong and consistent background in relevant international research with a strong publications’ portfolio.
- As an expatriate candidate you will require a work permit to be employed in Vietnam. To qualify for a work permit, you will need a PhD or Master’s Degree qualification, and you will need to be able to demonstrate at least 5 years of teaching across relevant subjects in a tertiary education environment.
- English is the language of teaching and communication at RMIT Vietnam. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS Academic 7.0 and with no band less than 6.5 (or equivalent).
- Highly competitive VND salary (plus allowances) for local candidates or attractive USD salary package (plus benefits) for expatriate candidates depending on proven track record in meeting all the key selection criteria.
- Expatriate candidates: Relocation allowance and flights for dependents. School tuition support of up to US$15,000 per child annually, up to 2 children per family; private health insurance coverage for staff and family; annual health check-up; Work Permit for staff, Visa and temporary resident cards for family members.
- Local candidates: 13th month Tet bonus + private medical insurance (for you and your dependents) + annual health check.
- 20 days annual leave plus 5 days paid leave Xmas closure, plus public holidays and 10 days paid sick leave.
- Support and guidance from experienced Mobility Advisor to assist in work permit and visa application together with relocation to and settling into living and working in Vietnam.
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button. We accept applications throughout the year.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload the documents below. We recommend having them ready when you start.
- Curriculum Vitae/ Resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your current ID
- Proof of highest qualifications
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency (if any)
- Other supporting documentation (if any)
15 thg 1 2023 11.59 pm
RMIT University Vietnam (RMIT Vietnam) is a campus of RMIT University. RMIT Vietnam is creating an innovative research, teaching and learning culture. We are committed to providing internationally recognised high-quality education and professional training for our students, clients and members of the community. As an internationally recognised Australian university based in Asia, RMIT Vietnam is assisting in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region.