Senior Lecturer in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
Job title: Senior Lecturer in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
Job reference: REQ001812
Date posted: 27/09/2022
Application closing date: 14/11/2022
Salary: AC4: £53,353 - £61,823 per annum, pro-rata
Contractual hours: 35
Basis: Full time
Job category/type: Re-advert - Academic and Research
School of Health & Life Sciences Division of Mental Health Nursing & Integrated Practice
Full time, 35 hours per week – however part-time and/or job-share will be considered.
THE POST - Senior Lecturer in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
Due to a significant investment in our teaching portfolio within our Paisley Campus, the School of Health & Life Sciences are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Mental Health Nursing & Integrated Practice as a Senior Lecturer. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Qualified to PhD Level (or nearing completion) and extensive professional experience in relevant subject area.
- Relevant Masters Degree
- Professional Healthcare Registration e.g. NMC, HCPC
- BABCP Accreditation or can obtain accreditation by commencement of post
- Relevant Masters Degree
- Post graduate qualification relevant to Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Extensive and sustained experience of education delivery and development in HEI and/ or practice settings
- Extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of relevant subject area.
- Extensive experience of relevant subject area practice.
- Experience of student and/or trainee supervision at post-graduate level
- A Teaching qualification or fellowship of Advance HE (previously Higher Education Academy) would be desirable but not essential.
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across Scotland, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays (pro-rata for part-time hours)
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Job Description and Person Specification: click here
Interview Date: Monday 28th November 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.