Research Associate / Fellow, Global Health Law
Job Description and Deliverables:
For a project on the legal and regulatory aspects of genomic sequencing and access to therapeutics and vaccines in the context of pandemic preparedness in Asia, the Global Health Law Program is looking for a ASEAN research fellow. The research fellow’s job will include working on the project as well as supporting the program in other teaching, research and event activities. This is a full time position.
The job includes:
- Carrying out research on national and international law
- Drafting and writing memorandums and publications
- Assisting in teaching and events coordination
- Updating the Centre for International Law global health law program website
- Coordinating and communicating with other national and international entities
The ideal candidate would have:
- An L.L.B and/or an advanced graduate degree in international law, public health, public policy, international relations or other related fields;
- Background or experience in national and/or global health law;
- Outstanding research and writing skills (and would be able to supply writing samples);
- English at mother tongue level
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.