Research Associate, Clinical Data Engineer
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Associate (Clinical Data Engineer) position, in the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, with an affiliation with the National University Health System (NUHS) Centre for Healthy Longevity.
The Centre for Healthy Longevity (CHL), one of 6 Centres of Excellence of the National University Health System (NUHS), aims to be a leading institute for geroscience research and translation globally, renowned for translating research into practice to improve healthspan.
The CHL is seeking a research associate (Clinical Data Engineer) develop comprehensive human research databases for its clinical research projects. The candidate will be working with large amounts of highly complex electronic health data from multiple sources, including biomedical health records, clinical and molecular readouts etc. One major thrust is to develop the technical infrastructure to support a growing database.
The position requires experience in managing large datasets, data linkage, quantitative analysis of large observational, cross-sectional and longitudinal cohort datasets and intervention trials. The candidate will work closely with the research team from the Healthy Longevity Translational Research Program and the CHL to design the data collection and management strategy for research studies.
Appointments will be on a 2-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with management team, and research team to develop a clinical research management system in line with NUS/ NUHS data policy guidelines
- ormulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing, curation, management
- Identify, manage and track issues, risks and dependencies that affect the delivery of the project outcome
- Support research team in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure clinical databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Develop data visualization framework, models for CHL
MSc/MA in computing, data analytics, healthcare statistics or relevant field
- Candidate should possess at least 3 years of experience with demonstrated competency at the junior managerial level
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate cross-disciplinary work
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc)
- Familiar with modern database information system technologies (REDCAP is a plus)
- Proficient in statistical software (SPSS, SAS, Graphpad etc.)
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
Please include current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees). Finally, a detailed cover letter indicating why the applicant wishes to join the Centre for Healthy Longevity is required.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7611