Research Fellow, Deparment of the Built Environment
Duties and responsibilities
The “Construction Performance Analytics & Innovation Research Unit (cPAIRu)” at the Department of the Built Environment, National University of Singapore, focuses on the research areas of: (1) Project/Enterprise Performance Assessment and Improvement; (2) Management Strategies and Innovations for Green Building & Infrastructure Projects; (3) Project/Enterprise Risk Management and Decision Making, with consideration of successfully achieving goals and objectives of projects and enterprises in the built environement at each phase of the entire facility delivery process.
“cPAIRu” is now seeking an active and experienced Research Fellow/Research Engineer and the successful candidates will contribute to the planning, coordination and execution of a research program related to Development of a Sensor-based Mobile App System for Safety Behavior Self-Diagnosis & Innovations, which can automatically diagnose at-risk behaviors and unsafe conditions, and to self-assess and improve their safe performance through building information modelling (BIM) integrated with sensing system and Real Time Location System (RTLS).
The successful applicant will perform academic development work as well as field practical work together with the other research staff/students under the guidance of the PI.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Proficient in developing mobile applications (on Android) using JAVA, Kotlin and Android SDK;
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and backend services;
- Practical knowledge of Android Application Architecture (such as MVVM, MVP);
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns;
- In depth knowledge/research experience in construction projects, safety performance & improvement, safety behaviors;
- Released apps into the Play store (or open source) (Preferred);
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Civil Engineering or a related subject with work experience;
- Strong English written and oral communication skills;
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product with minimal supervision.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.