Research Fellow, Mass Spectrometry
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to and work closely with the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry. The RF’s principal role will be to assist in method development for research projects requiring mass spectrometry analyses as well as provide technical support and training to laboratory users.
- Develop methods for various research projects requiring mass spectrometry analysis, mainly focused on the subjects of metabolic and oxidative stress
- Consulting on experimental design, analysing and interpreting metabolomics data, and developing new LC/MS-based assays as projects dictate
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting for HPLC and mass spectrometers
- Assist in maintenance support for mass spectrometry instruments
- Mentor research assistants, graduate and undergraduate students
- Experience conducting untargeted and targeted metabolomics analyses. Experience in sample extraction and prep techniques. Ability to work with sophisticated datasets.
- Coordinate large grant proposals and work with leaders in the field across Singapore and internationally
- The candidate will work successfully to measure complex biomarkers using mass spectroscopy and produce publishable outputs
- Assist the professor in writing grants & manuscripts for higher impact journals
- Assist with ethics submissions
- Attend meetings with the primary investigator and team members
- Liaise with multi-national collaborators for commercialization and validation of our discoveries
The applicant Must:
- Only Singaporeans or PR
- Hold Ph.D. in Chemistry/Biochemistry/ Clinical Sciences
- Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience on mass spectrometry
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details
- at least 2 years of relevant research experience and prior publications will be preferred
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees by 31 July 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15766