Research Fellow, Chemistry
The successful candidate will work with Dr Zhu Ye on the development of metal catalysts and applications under a project on Immobilized Metal Catalysts for Cross-Coupling Reactions in Continuous Flow.
The main responsibilities of the position includes:
- Preparation of ligands, catalysts and substrates.
- Measurements to test the catalysts performance.
- Complex molecule synthesis using the catalyst systems.
- Qualifications / Discipline: Ph.D. (chemistry)
- Skills: Organic synthesis; handling of air and water sensitive compounds. GC, NMR, MS, HPLC experiments and data analysis.
- Experience: Experience working on relevant projects such as organic synthesis and catalysis is preferred. Candidate with prior experience on complex molecule synthesis, organometallics and transition metal catalysis will be prioritized.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 16530