Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor, Foundation in Education
Applications are invited for:-
Department of Educational Administration and Policy
Professor(s) / Associate Professor(s) / Assistant Professor(s) (Foundation in Education and Policy Studies in Education)
The Department of Educational Administration and Policy is seeking to recruit distinguished scholars for appointment at various professoriate levels in the areas of Foundation in Education and Policy Studies in Education. The Department of Educational Administration and Policy is one of the four academic departments under Faculty of Education of CUHK. The Faculty of Education of CUHK (http://www.fed.cuhk.edu.hk/) is an international center for professional training and research in Education. Further information about the Department is available at http://www.fed.cuhk.edu.hk/eap.
Applicants should have
- excellent academic qualifications including a doctoral degree in policy studies in education, sociology of education, philosophy of education or related discipline;
- a strong research background in areas that will contribute or add to the existing strengths of the Department;
- a track record of programmatic research and publications;
- potential to obtain competitive research grants; and
- strong commitment to excellence in teaching and scholarship.
To be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor/ Professor, applicants should have achieved a high standing in the relevant research field and demonstrated academic and international professional leadership.
The appointees will
- teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- supervise postgraduate students;
- bid for external competitive grants; and
- assist in administrative matters.
The appointees are expected to play a key role in teaching and research initiatives in foundation in education and policy studies in education.
Appointments will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially, which, subject to funding and mutual agreement, may lead to longer-term appointment or substantiation later.
Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months since application.
Applicants should complete the online application form and upload a full curriculum vitae with details of three referees.
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the post above. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk.