Business Development Officer
King’s Professional & Executive Development (KPED) is part of the new School for Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) and is a specialist business development unit enabling King’s Faculties to deliver Professional Education to a wide international and domestic audience. We partner with all faculties at King’s to design, develop and deliver open and bespoke educational programmes in line with King's Education Strategy. In face-to-face, blended or online modalities, our programmes include Continuing Professional Development, Executive Education and increasingly, stackable micro-credentials. We are a small, high powered team with ambitious growth targets in an exciting area of development for King’s College London.
KPED is now seeking to recruit a Business Development Officer to support the development and delivery of the KPED portfolio for King’s Faculties, Centres, and Institutes. The individual will have experience working directly with clients, familiarity working with budgets and contracts, experience with supporting programme or project delivery and a background in a fast paced office environment. The post is suitable for a collaborative and proactive individual who enjoys working in teams to effectively deliver excellent service to internal and external stakeholders.
KPED’s project portfolio is growing rapidly and expanding to include opportunities afforded through online and blended modalities. The Business Development Officer will be working in a team to create effective mechanisms to support and enable such activities to 1) run efficiently 2) run at a profit and 3) build on King’s international brand. The role will involve a mixture of administration, operational and data management, client relationship building, business development, and project management support.
The role is primarily based at King’s Strand Campus; however, the post holder may be required to travel to other locations on occasion, be prepared to attend events in the evening/at weekends. As part of King’s trial of hybrid working, all team members can work remotely for part of the week if they wish to do so.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post - 100% full time equivalent .
• Work closely with the Business Development Manager (BDM) and Assistant Business Development Manager (ABDM) as required to help source, develop, and promote new opportunities for Professional and Executive Education and CPD activity with Faculty colleagues across King’s.
• Take responsibility for certain activities, including, but not limited to, administration, marketing, reporting, logistical support, research, course performance, GDPR compliance, and other operational activities as required.
• Provide administrative support to committees and groups which will include, but not be limited to, arranging meetings, writing minutes, and managing communications for the group.
• Build productive relationships with colleagues across King’s in order to share knowledge and facilitate excellent service delivery on Professional and Executive Education programmes, tenders, bids and other commercial opportunities.
• Familiarise themselves with the KPED work schedule and financial reports, and be responsible for updating and maintaining all records within the work schedule, financial reports, and other databases such as the CRM.
• To undertake research and propose new course/project proposals in conjunction with the ABDM and BDM.
• Identify tender opportunities (Requests for Proposals and Invitations to Tender) and match relevant Faculty (academic experts and departments) to the opportunity.
• To follow the due diligence reporting process for new clients, conduct light touch screenings, reporting any identified risks to the BDM and escalating projects as required.
• Help in the costing and pricing of proposals to ensure that they are in line with the College’s procedures and policies, and manage budgets, payments and transfers for allocated projects and programmes as required.
• Supporting the BDM’s and SLT to generate marketing and communications materials to promote projects and programmes and the work of KPED to internal and external audiences.
• Assist in the organisation of visits by international delegations and VIPs including the preparation of presentations and briefs, and delivery of the programme as required.
• Support the BDM and ABDM in the management and delivery of client relationships, courses and programmes, project milestones, the drafting and monitoring of budgets, fee payments, contracts, plus the performance of courses, programmes, and projects as needed.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments, particularly within PACE and central services.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
[A1]What in our software?We talking about due diligence going on the CRM? [A1]
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Degree or equivalent level of qualification and/or experience
2. Excellent oral communication skills
3. Excellent IT skills, knowledge of using Microsoft packages, CRM systems, databases, and web-based activities
4. Excellent time management and organisational skills
5. Previous responsibility for office administration and management
6. Experience of working directly with clients/customers
7. Experience of project management or working as part of a project team
8. Experience of events organisation or programme delivery
9. Familiarity of working with budgets and contracts
10. Proactive, flexible, creative, and enterprising approach to work
11. Ability to work as part of a team and understand and function in the different cultural environments of academia and business
1. Knowledge and understanding of Higher Education
2. Knowledge and understanding of project administration
3. Knowledge and understanding of professional training or executive education markets
4. Experience of bid and proposal writing and public procurement processes