Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, School of Science and Technology
School of Science & Technology
Singapore University of Social Sciences is one of Singapore's six autonomous universities and its mission is to provide lifelong education that equips learners to serve society. Home to more than 15,000 students, SUSS provides an applied education that targets both fresh school leavers and adult learners, with a focus on the social sciences. It adopts a flexible and practice-focused learning approach and offers more than 70 degree programmes in various disciplines.
Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position (Lecturer / Senior Lecturer) in the area of Human Factors (Ergonomics), and Workplace Health and Safety at the Singapore University of Social Sciences.
The successful candidate will head the Heath Factors in Safety programme in the School of Science and Technology (SST) and will be expected to teach and conduct research in Human Factors, Workplace Health and Safety, or closely related fields.
SST promotes profession-centric and career-ready education in Science and Technology. Our inclusive, immersive and in-employment education transforms SST graduates into professionals equipped with the relevant knowledge, employable skills and work experiences. The responsibilities of the full-time SST faculty member include teaching and developing courses, conducting academic and/or applied research, and managing industry partners to deliver professional certification courses, which will prepare students with a firm foundation in Human Factors as well as Workplace Health and Safety education.
- Ph.D. in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Occupational/ Workplace Health and Safety, Occupational Therapy, Industrial Hygiene, Organisational Psychology, Cognitive Systems Engineering, Systems Safety or related disciplines. Medical degree in occupational or public health will be considered.
Candidates with the following qualifications will be favourably considered:
- Industry experience and applied knowledge in growth areas of Human Factors and Workplace Safety & Health.
- Knowledge in or experience with governing / accreditation bodies related to workplace safety and health and/or Human Factors.
- Demonstrated knowledge in effective pedagogy for higher learning and have teaching experiences for adult learners.
- Capacity to reinforce the interdisciplinary character of the SST through collaborative research and teaching.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and engage positively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Strong record of attracting applied research funding together with a publication record in high quality international peer-reviewed journals or authored books.