Research Fellow, Neurobiology Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Postdoctoral fellowship in the Centre for Life Sciences - Neurobiology Program and the Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. This position is initially funded for 2 years. Appointments will be made on a 1-yr contract basis, with the possibility of an extension.
Purpose of the post
The appointee will be a postdoctoral research fellow who will conduct research in neuroscience with a focus on elucidating the synaptic and circuit mechanisms that mediate memory-guided behaviours. Particularly, they will investigate the role of 5HT3a-R in hippocampal microcircuit function and plasticity.
Main duties and responsibilities
We are looking for an independent, enthusiastic and motivated candidate who will be involved in leading a multi-disciplinary project and is expected to perform survival surgeries, behavioural assays in mice, molecular biology assays and in-vitro electrophysiology experiments.
The applicant should:
- Have a PhD degree (or expect to graduate in the next 3-4 months)
- Have a proven track record of research in neuroscience, psychology or a related field
- Have demonstrated experience in TWO out the THREE research areas (i) cell and molecular biology (ii) rodent behaviour, (iii) in vivo/in vitro electrophysiology
- Have experience in rodent handling and surgery (desirable)
- Have experience with gene editing tools including CRISPR-Cas9 techniques (desirable).
Remuneration is commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by
- CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees), and
- Cover letter with statement of interest by 15th of September 2022
For enquiries about this position, please contact Jai Polepalli email@example.com Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Anatomy
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 17069