Research Assistant, Research and Laboratory
We are looking for a qualified candidate with experience in lab management. The duties include typical activities for managing a research lab:
- Provide assistance to the PI and project team in the conduct and implementation of research.
- Perform safety lead in the project team to conduct risk assessment, purchase and manage hazardous materials, oversee lab safety and hygiene, response to weekly/monthly safety inspection from Dept. or OSHE.
- Manage group assets including equipment, computers, lab consumables. Be responsible for replacement, maintenance, repairing, or disposal of old assets.
- Handle lab procedure and vendor engagement to purchase new equipment, consumables and other services of project.
- Assist PI to conduct annual report of project including project expense, research data summaries, challenges and future plans, etc.
- Follow up on lab administration assigned by the PI/ Team leader
- Assist on ad-hoc duties and tasks assigned by the PI/ Team leader
- At least a degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering/Material Science Engineering/Chemistry/Physics or equivalent; those with no experience are welcome to apply.
- Excellent communication skills and good team spirit
- Fluent in spoken and written communication
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office tools
- Knowledge of laboratory safety management will be an advantage
- Experience of research schematic drawing and video editing will be an advantage
- Practical experience with IR spectroscopy and MEMS work and Nanofabrication techniques will be an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11864