Research Fellow, Pharmacy
The successful candidate will work with Dr TIAN Chong on organic synthesis under a project on novel supramolecular sensor.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Research tasks (90%): to carry out research to design and synthesize new sensors for future disease diagnosis, and characterize and evaluate them for selectivity.
- Laboratory safety/ordering (10%): to aid in ordering and maintaining lab supplies, create and review standard operating procedures and risk assessments, assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD of Science required with major in Pharmaceutical sciences or Chemistry. Candidate with strong background in organic synthesis and excellent record of publication is preferred.
- Have an excellent understanding of chemistry.
- Have expertise in multi-step synthesis.
- Communicate well in English in writing and in oral and visual presentations.
- Show an ability to work supportively in a laboratory environment
- Experience in organic synthesis and spectroscopic techniques for compound characterization.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 12961