Research Fellow, Project Green Chemistry
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position in the Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Those with no experience are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RF’s principal role will be to engineer microorganisms as biocatalytic tools for application in green chemistry in e-waste management.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Develop molecular tools for the engineering of non-canonical microorganisms, such as Chromobacterium violaceum
- Metabolically engineer microorganisms for enhanced lixiviant capabilities for industrial applications in electronic waste recycling
- Mentor research assistants, graduate and undergraduate students
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Have extensive knowledge and hand-on experience on molecular biology, biochemistry and metabolic engineering of microorganisms for the production of targeted metabolites
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No