Research Assistant, Data Analytics
We are seeking a full-time Research Assistant to join our team. The focus of our research is to develop better understanding of physical, socio-cultural, and political/economic environmental factors and the interplay between individuals and their environment to improve eating and activity behaviours.
Ongoing projects address three main areas:
- Examine environmental factors that influence food choice and physical activity in Singapore.
- Evaluate how the interaction of individuals with their environment affects their eating and physical activity behaviors using real time monitoring, including mobile technology and ecological momentary assessment methodology.
- Develop and evaluate dynamically tailored real-time interventions.
The position is available for a period of 1 year and can be extended.
- Conduct data management and analysis in the context of PANDA’s (PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND NUTRITION DETERMINANTS IN ASIA PROGRAMME) digital health projects and their longitudinal wearable and app data
- Coordination and administrative responsibilities related to the implementation of projects
- Preparation of scientific publications and conference presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, and preferably with relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis
- Programming skills
- Well- organized and has an eye for details
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health