Research Assistant, AI Singapore
AI Singapore (AISG) is a national AI programme launched by the National Research Foundation (NRF) to anchor deep national capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The programme office is hosted by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and brings together all Singapore-based research institutions and the vibrant ecosystem of AI start-ups and companies developing AI products to perform use-inspired research, grow the knowledge, create the tools, and develop the talent to power Singapore's AI efforts.
The Technology Pillar of AI Singapore is looking to hire a Research Assistant specialising in AI to develop grant challenges for solving real-world problems and involve in conducting high quality research with significant outputs in target domains.
The Research Assistant will be expected to Undertake in-depth research to design and develop AI challenges into solutions that are implementable in the real-world to solve societal problems.
The new hire will Work closely alongside AI Singapore’s Principal Investigators, software engineers and project managers to produce research outputs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct feasibility study on various AI research topics
- Survey the state-of-the-art algorithms and applications for target topics
- Develop problem statement and evaluation metrics for target topics
- Investigate dataset availability and lead dataset generation
- Perform quality benchmarking on datasets
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and technology transfer activities with partners from both public and private sectors
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization related to Data Science and Artificial Intelligence;
- Computational thinking with proven ability to conduct independent research;
- Experienced in working with a diverse range of data types;
- Experienced in using the latest AI, and big data platforms;
- Experienced in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets; and
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills in English
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Office of the Deputy President(Res&Tech)
Department : AI Singapore
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 15493