Research Fellow, Tropical Marine Science Institute
- Working on numerical modelling of weather and climate using high resolution climate models.
- Parameterization Optimization of the climate models
- Working on Supercomputing platforms/Linux platforms for Numerical Weather Prediction and Climate Modelling
- Data processing and data analyses
- Data visualization
- Publishing research in peer reviewed journals
- Presentation of research in workshops/conferences
- A PhD in Climate/Atmospheric Sciences
- Good knowledge of meteorology and atmospheric dynamics
- Experience in Numerical modelling with the WRF model
- Experience in handling supercomputing platforms
- Knowledge of Unix systems
- Expertise in programming languages such as NCL, GrADS, Python
- Expertise in shell scripting
- Knowledge of ArcGIS will be desirable
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.