Junior Data Editor
The World University Insights Ltd, publisher of Times Higher Education, is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across the world. As the company behind the world’s most influential university rankings, and with almost five decades of experience as a source of analysis and insight on higher education, we have unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally. Our data and benchmarking tools are used by many of the world’s most prestigious universities to help them achieve their strategic goals.
The THE World University Rankings is one of our flagship products and the leading one of its kind in the world. This is a great opportunity to drive the product ownership of this ranking and its derivatives. You will become the subject matter expert on the World University Ranking and be responsible for ensuring high quality delivery and continuous improvement. You will have access to technical and operational expertise to assist you in delivering this. The successful applicant will have the aptitude, attitude, and gravitas to make this role their own.
For more information on Times Higher Education please visit http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
THE is looking for a proactive Data Editor with a professional manner to support the lead analysts across a number of projects.
- Data entry with the highest level of efficiency and accuracy
- Inbox management and the ability to resolve customer's queries and complaints; determining the cause of the query/problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the issue; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution via phone and email.
- Maintain records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Research and validate data as required across a number of data sources
- Assist with team training and team moral
- Assist with research and maintaining documentation where required
- Assist with general administration for data collection cycles for THE
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role
- Strong IT skills are essential (particularly Excel)
- Experience of improving data quality and data cleansing
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level or accuracy
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong administrative skills and working within a busy office environment
- Strong drive, self-motivated. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Working to deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do what needs to be done to get the job done
- Knowledge of the Higher Education sector would be beneficial
- A second language is desirable
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.