BA Fashion Branding and Communication Lecturer
BA Fashion Branding and Communication Lecturer
Birmingham Institute of Jewellery, Fashion and Textiles
Salary: £38,639 to £41,998 per annum
Posted On: Thursday 22 September 2022
Closing Date: Thursday 06 October 2022
Interview Date: Wednesday 19 October 2022
The BA Fashion Branding and Communication sits within the Institute of Jewellery Fashion and Textiles as part of the wider Arts Design and Media Faculty. Situated in the Parkside Building in the new South Side area of Birmingham we are but a short walkway from the main transport links across the Midlands. This unique exciting opportunity is for a highly motivated individual to join our dynamic team under new management. This is a full-time lecturing post with a specific focus on digital communication and innovative practice.
This new role will support the progressive course team through new approaches in teaching, administration, and recruitment across three-year groups of cohorts around 45 students. The course provides a creatively led mix of both visual fashion communication and branding. Students study a range of subjects that focus on areas of the fashion industry including entrepreneurism, trend forecasting, fashion writing and design for publications and brand generation. The course will provide students with the skills to be a creative, strategic, confident, well-informed fashion communicator.
- Recruitment at Open day and Applicant days, this may include Saturdays and Sundays.
- Modules leadership - administration of registers, online course support, assessment, and moderation of work.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of lectures and workshops and tutorials for delivery on campus.
- Personal and pastoral tutoring.
- Supporting final year dissertation.
- Delivering report writing and presentation skills.
- You will be required to have a strong working knowledge and application of the Adobe software - InDesign, Photoshop.
- Applied skills and ability of video creation/ moving image tools i.e., Premier Pro, After Effects.
Skills and Experience:
- You should possess an undergraduate or post graduate degree and significant relevant industry experience across fashion/design/media related subject.
- Teaching experience is essential at Higher Education level.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office is essential and Adobe- to create moving image production.
- Desirable skills in photography and styling.
- Organisational skills in planning and presentation of lecture workshop content
- People skills in supporting teams and industry projects
In return we offer a generous pension and annual leave provision. We also operate a hybrid working model that allows staff to combine on-site and remote working where appropriate, dependent on work duties. We also provide access to excellent facilities on campus, including supportive family friendly policies.
Birmingham City University has the drive and ambition to be a leading seat of teaching and research excellence. We are passionate about providing our learners with a transformational journey, enabled by an exceptional and supportive academic community.
With around 26,900 students from 100 countries, Birmingham City University is a large and diverse learning community. We put students at the heart of everything we do, giving them the best opportunities for future success. The University has an enviable reputation for providing quality, student-focused education in a professional and friendly environment. Our superb courses, state-of-the-art facilities, first-rate academics, and focus on practical skills and professional relevance all support our graduates’ future employability.
BCU Values underpin how we work in achieving the ambitions set out in our Strategy and Priorities, and are the principles that unite the way we work together and for our students.
The University is committed to internationalism and diversity and welcomes applications from all countries, faiths and backgrounds.
It is each individual successful applicants responsibility to ensure that they have permission to work in the UK. Some applicants may require sponsorship from the University and a visa from UKVI to take up the role if successful. More information on this can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa
Some roles are not capable of sponsorship because they do not meet the UKVI criteria relating to skill and salary level. If you are unsure as to whether you would require sponsorship if successful, or whether the role is capable of sponsorship, please contact us: RTinbox@bcu.ac.uk
Please note on occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. If this does happen, we will contact all candidates via email who have started but not yet completed their application, giving 48 hours’ notice. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
At Birmingham City University we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. All staff are expected to understand and enact the University’s commitment to ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion in our employment practice and in all that we do . This commitment is enshrined in our Core Values and is detailed in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Employment Policy. The University values and celebrates the diversity of our staff and students; we welcome people from the many different backgrounds and life experiences that reflect the students and the citizens we serve. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and actively encourage unique contributions, in particular from under-represented groups in respect of age, disability, sex, gender or gender identity, ethnicity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender status
Birmingham City University ('BCU') is committed to protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with your personal data. One of the ways we do this is through our privacy notices. For further information please click here.