Deputy Director, Campus IT Services
Campus IT Services
SUSS is seeking an experienced Chief IT Strategist to support its strategic vision of being a leading University for Social Good through its core capabilities in education, research, training, industry collaboration and community engagement. Technology is a key enabler of this work: SUSS employs technology extensively in its pedagogical practice and the delivery of learning and student support services. Technology is also deployed strategically in the continual enhancement of staff productivity across the range of customer-facing and backend services. Deputy to the Director of IT, the strategist plays a lead role in integrating technology in organizational operations and services. Key responsibilities will include the following.
- Establish a vision and masterplan for technology deployment with SUSS senior management to establish SUSS as a leading-edge university that innovates its core business functions through effective technology adaptation and adoption. Specifically, IT policies, solutions, investments and capabilities will be aimed at continual enhancement of students’ learning and social experiences with SUSS, facilitate productive partnerships and research, manage the university’s intellectual capital for collaborative enterprise and application, expand the university’s reach and impact, and safeguard information integrity and security.
- Work with SUSS senior management to formulate and implement a strategic plan to innovate service delivery, service quality and productivity with technology. This includes project management of critical IT system implementations (e.g., the Student Information Management, HR and Business Enterprise systems), process re-engineering and change management with users;
- Plan for technology-enabled learning and training that integrates online and face-to-face engagement involving students, academics, industry partners and community, in close collaboration with SUSS’s Learning Services to meet the University’s evolving learning, teaching, and research outcomes ;
- Strengthen collaborations with IT partners for innovation and sustained impact (e.g., test-bedding with startups, public-private sector partnerships for educational excellence; securing government grants and industry funding for relevant innovations in the tertiary and adult education sector);
- Increase SUSS’s technology and innovation capacity by working with staff on technology-related projects, upgrades and training.
- Senior level position leading vision and innovation in technology-field (private sector, government, or nonprofit) that achieved measurable results.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience administering and implementing major IT systems, web sites, teamsites or databases in similar capacity.
- Demonstrated leadership on forecasting and strategizing based on technology trends, particularly in the areas of online service delivery.
- Demonstrated track record leading design and implementation of online service delivery and providing teaching/training on the effective use of applications.
- Skill knowledge and track record in several domains (technology, strategy, education).