Senior Manager, Design, Development and Partnership
Learning and Professional Development Division
In this position the appointee will support and implement IAL's efforts to drive adoption of individual and enterprise professionalisation through the various initiatives. The appointee will report to the Director of the Learning and Professional Development (LPDD) division with the following professional responsibilities.
- Conceptualise and forge strategic partnerships to advance continuing education and training (CET) agenda and IAL's mandate in adult learning and professional practice.
- Work with the Director to translate strategies into actionable goals that are aligned with the strategic vision of the division and institute.
- Lead the performance of marketing sensing and customer behaviour analysis to ensure the introduction of competitive products and offerings which support IAL’s efforts to advance its stranglehold in the CET market.
- Lead the strategising and development of formal qualifications and certificated programmes and non-formal professional development initiatives to support the achievement of IAL's key training performance indicators.
- Lead the building of a strong value proposition for the AEN and AEP to promote affiliation and active participation to the TAE sector for both individuals and industries and make an impactful contribution to the TAE community.
- Drive the capability development of the TAE community through offering and/or attending Continuing Professional Development programmes, and a series of AEN/AEP membership benefits and activities, in collaboration with the community members, to ensure that the TAE community continually engages in professional development for growth and excellence in the dynamic sectoral environment.
- Conceptualise initiatives to strengthen TAE quality that include but not limited to possible frameworks, consultancy and assessment tools.
- Strategise, plan and direct innovation and experimentation in skills development and skills recognition and benchmarking to enhance the quality of TAE provisions and model adoption of national initiatives such as TAE Skills Framework.
- Cultivate win-win partnerships with stakeholders such as training providers, educational institutions and enterprises to enhance outreach and raise awareness and enrolment in IAL’s programmes and courses.
- Engage with strategic partners to co-develop new initiatives and programmes for individuals and enterprises to strengthen IAL’s thought leadership in adult learning.
- Develop and manage quality assurance processes for continuous improvement of learning programmes and resources developed by IAL.
- Lead/Contribute to intra- or inter-department/ division projects.
- At least a master’s degree.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the Training and Adult Education (TAE) sector and industries.
- Proven track record in establishing partnerships to deliver corporate objectives and KPIs.
- At least 8 years in a management role supervising direct reports and have experience in strategising and conceptualising.
- Proven track record of leading educational design and development efforts toward achieving strategic goals and objectives
- Proven experience is curriculum design and delivery, and certification management.
- Strong strategic, analytical thinking and sense-making capabilities to drive innovative capability development initiatives.
- Proven team management capabilities with strong communication, networking and interpersonal skills and the ability to coach, engage and motivate staff to achieve organisational goals.
- Demonstrate open and collaborative mindset to forge partnerships and stakeholder buy-in for new initiatives.
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Observe a code of strictest confidentiality at all times.
- The successful appointee will be based at the IAL campus located at the Lifelong Learning Institute at Paya Lebar