Faculty Research Infrastructure Officer, FMH
- Full time 2-year fixed-term position
- Opportunity to provide administrative and operational support to the Faculty's research infrastructure and strategic programs related to research equipment and space management
- Base Salary $91,644 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Faculty Research Infrastructure Officer provides administrative services and operational support to the Manager, Research Infrastructure and Faculty Research leadership team to enable research activity and the development of the Faculty's research profile.
The Faculty Research Infrastructure Officer is responsible for establishing and maintaining the information of the faculty core research facilities and end to end project management to support strategic programs and operational projects.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- assist in supporting Faculty strategic programs and operational projects related to research equipment and space management
- support the provision of adequate and timely communications to all staff involved in the implementation of the FMH research equipment procurement and management strategies
- provide administrative support, and undertake data/statistical analysis and reporting
- provide financial analysis for core research equipment infrastructure for the Faculty
- support developing project budgets for grants applications, e.g. core research facilities and costings
- support effective communication and good working relationships amongst key stakeholder groups
- has demonstrated project management experience for multiple complex deliverables in a facility or laboratory environment
- has demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis as well as experience preparing and delivering statistical reports
- has previous experience supporting facilities, laboratories and equipment
- has experience and knowledge of laboratory protocols and safe work procedures
- has demonstrated experience in interpreting and implementing policy and procedures and establishing and reviewing administrative processes
- has excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated experience working across multiple stakeholder groups collaborating on research and facility initiatives
- tertiary qualification in biological or medical sciences with relevant research support experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and training
- must be willing to travel between precincts and multiple facilities.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Mouhamed El Chami Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 27 September 2022 11:59 PM