Professor (FEBE: Department of Construction Management and Quantity Surveying)
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Education and Training
Campus: Doornfontein Campus
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Open to all
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
- Lecturing, coordinating, assessing, and tutoring large undergraduate and Honours modules
- Research and publish in any field that articulates well with the existing research interests of the department.
- Contributing to departmental outreach and community engagement programmes.
- Perform other administrative duties as determined by Head of Department e.g., Marketing departmental programmes, preparation for SACQSP and SACPCMP accreditation, prepare teaching files to mention a few.
- PhD in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Project Management or a closely related (NQF 10 or equivalent).
- A minimum of Seven years teaching experience at a tertiary institution,
- Evidence of at least Fifteen accredited journal articles and book chapters
- Evidence of at least Five masters and PhD supervision to graduation.
- Registration with SACQSP or SACPCMP as a Professional.
Knowledge of the following:
- Recent lecturing experience at Honours and master’s levels would be highly beneficial
- Highly technical with proven practical experience
- Proven research capabilities and specialization that articulates well with the existing interest of the department
- Evidence of leadership and administration experience
- Ability to attract research funds
- Student supervisory experience
- Registration with SACQSP or SACPCMP
- Technology savvy and ability to work with AutoCAD, DimX, WinQS, MS Project, MS Office (MS Word and Excel) software packages.
- Sharp and robust high level of communication skills
- Sound Knowledge in planning legislative and policy frameworks
- Self-motivated with leadership skills, interpersonal relations, and effective organizational skills
- Demonstrate sound work ethics and punctuality
Enquiries regarding the job content: CM&QS Head of Department: Dr M.S. Ramabodu at (011) 559 6056
Enquiries regarding remuneration & benefits: Mrs N Ntsimane at (011) 559 3010
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to email@example.com
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.