Associate Professor (College of Business and Economics: Business Management)
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Education and Training
Campus: Auckland Park Kingsway Campus
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Open to all
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university, anchored in Africa and driven by a powerful strategy focused on attaining global excellence and stature (GES). With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and strategic partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice. The University is guided by the Vice-Chancellor’s vision of “Positioning UJ in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) in the context of the changing social, political and economic fortunes of Africa”.
The Council of the University of Johannesburg has declared the University as a mandatory vaccination site as per the applicable policy ((https://www.uj.ac.za/covid-19/). All applications and offers of employment is dependent upon compliance with the said policy.
The Department of Business Management is a dynamic department aimed at developing business leaders and captains of business for the future, locally and globally. We offer a variety of diploma, graduate- and postgraduate programmes offered in a multi-campus environment. We strive to be innovative in cutting edge subject development and research. The Department is actively recruiting for a Professor to join its dynamic team.
- Lecturing in Business Management and/or Entrepreneurship related modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Developing a research pipeline and undertaking proven research in the overarching study fields of Entrepreneurship and/or Business Management.
- Assisting in the crafting and implementation of the departmental research strategy, and teaching and learning strategy.
- Developing and maintaining professional and industry partnerships.
- Partaking in supervision of Postgraduate students, primarily at Masters and Doctoral level.
- Assisting in academic administration.
- Overseeing Departmental portfolios, in consultation with the Head of Department.
- A relevant Doctoral degree (NQF 10) in Business Management or Entrepreneurship.
- Between eight and ten years’ working experience in the Higher Education environment.
- Excellent teaching skills and knowledgeable in the field of Business Management and/or Entrepreneurship.
- A proven record of excellence in accredited scholarly research outputs in the fields of Business Management, Strategic Management, Sustainability and/or Entrepreneurship
- Substantial supervision experience at Masters’ and Doctoral level (completed students).
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Computer Literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven record of academic administration.
- Analytical thinking
- Knowledge of the online learning environment
- Previous exposure to management of portfolios within a higher education environment
- Evidence of visibility within the academic community
- Currently NRF-rated, or on track to be rated in the next 2-3 years
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof C Schachtebeck at (011) 559-3623 Enquiries regarding remuneration and benefits: Antoinette Kanfer at (011) 559-2548 (HCM Business Partner)
Your application, comprising of a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees must be uploaded before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and if applying for an academic position, a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details: 0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email email@example.com
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups.
As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 8 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.