Lecturer in Law
The School of Law at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Law. The successful applicant will undertake research which complements the research strategy of the School of Law. You will be required to teach at undergraduate level on at least one of the following: Contract, Family, Land Law, Tort & Equity. The successful applicant will also teach at postgraduate level and supervise at doctoral level as required in order to contribute to the school’s administration/outreach activity as required by the Head of School.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree in Law (2.1 or above).
- Hold or be about to obtain a PhD in Law or cognate discipline.
- A publication record commensurate with stage of career, demonstrating ability to publish at internationally-excellent level in peer reviewed journals and/or with relevant publishers, with clear potential to make a strong contribution to the School’s performance in REF.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement the research strategy of the School of Law.
- Demonstrate an awareness of appropriate external research income opportunities to support research.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how to engage external stakeholders with research and significance of impact agenda.
- Relevant teaching experience in a law school context, commensurate with stage in career.
- Ability to contribute to the teaching of at least one of the following: Contract, Family, Land Law, Tort and Equity.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver excellent teaching and a commitment to the student experience.
- Demonstrable ability to offer teaching in subjects at postgraduate level.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Kathryn McNeilly at: email@example.com