Lecturer in Building Physics
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is a Vietnamese state university. Founded in 2008, VGU is a joint venture based on a close cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, with the goal of becoming the leading research university in Vietnam and the region. VGU´s strategy is to customize excellent German study programs in the fields of engineering, informatics and economics to meet the needs of Vietnamese higher education. Being a joint effort of Vietnamese and German institutions, VGU follows the successful German model and standards concerning the academic and administrative structures.
The Vietnamese-German University (VGU) is seeking a highly qualified full-time lecturer in Building Physics. Candidates must hold at least a Master degree (but having a PhD is a significant advantage) in this field or a closely related field and have a strong background in research. Relevant international experience is of advantage. The successful candidate will become part of an international network of universities and research institutes.
In the role of a lecturer, the successful candidate will teach undergraduate courses in the Architecture Program (ARC). The expected workload for the in-class lecture conduction is 08 academic hours per week, totaling 240 academic hours per year (1 academic hour equals to 45 minutes).
Teaching should reflect current research methods and results, and comprises lectures on the following modules:
- Building Physics in Architecture Design/ CAD I
- Building Physics in Architecture Design/ CAD II
- Studio Project I
- Elective I
The named courses are subject to change upon realistic needs of the programs and joint agreement between the lecturer, relevant Academic Coordinators, and Dean/Vice Dean in charge of teaching. Courses may requires conducting relevant laboratory activities and/or advising student projects.
The holder of this job is also responsible for supervising bachelor’s theses.
As a faculty member of a research-oriented university, the successful candidate is expected to significantly contribute to the scientific profile of VGU through innovation. This includes and is not limited to comprehensive activities in basic research as well as applied research in the fields of Building Physics in Architecture, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM). The ability to apply and generate externally funded research projects is highly desirable.
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development of the Architecture Program by participating in administrative, marketing and other public activities of the program in consultation with the Academic Coordinator of the study program and the German partner university, namely Anhalt University of Applied Sciences. She or he is also expected to contribute actively to the academic self-administration of the Faculty of Engineering and university by being willing to stand for election to the Faculty Council, Academic Senate and/or other bodies.
Candidates must at least hold a Master degree (having a PhD is a significant advantage) in Architecture or a closely related field, preferably from a well-known international university. A current title of Professor will be a plus, as experience and understanding of the German higher education system and methodology.Other requirements include:
- Must have an architectural design portfolio to show working experience in the field
- An outstanding academic record with a focus on Building Physics in Architecture, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and/or Building Information Modeling (BIM) or other areas closely related to it
- Strong track record of successful research activities and publications in international and peer-reviewed journals in the related area
- Proven teaching experience with strong self-motivation combined with a passion for teaching and research
- Experience in industry is of advantage
- Proven excellent English proficiency:
Candidates who are from non-native English-speaking countries should include one of the following valid English proficiency certificates; IELTS 6.5, TOEFL 548(PBT), TOEFL 84 (iBT), TOEFL 212 (CBT), CEFR level B2 or Aptis level C1 at the time of application submission. Alternatively, candidates who do not hold a valid English proficiency certificate at the submission time need to be internally assessed at VGU to meet the criterion stated above.
Native English speakers (e.g. from the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa, Australia, Canada or New Zealand) do not have to submit an English proficiency certificate if the interviewers are satisfied with the interviewees English level at the time of interview.
To apply please send your application (with the following documents in one PDF max. size: 5 MB) to email@example.com with subject line “Building Physics_[Your Name]”
Your application should include:
- Form for basic information (Please download, complete this form electronically and submit it together with your application)
- A cover letter stating your interest in joining VGU
- Curriculum Vitae (including list of publications)
- Architectural Design Portfolio
- Scans of university degrees, university transcripts and other relevant certificates
- Scans of language certificates (if applicable)
- References illustrating your professional and academic career, including contact details of references (if available, highly appreciated)
- Evaluation results for teaching (if available)
All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by VGU's international Application Review Team.
To find out more about our employment benefits, as well as our application process, please visit our web page for recruitment: https://vgu.edu.vn/lecturers