Lecturer in Academic Practice
If you are passionate about supporting staff to develop and enhance their teaching and learning practices, and keen to work with committed colleagues to make a meaningful impact in your institution, then join us at St Mary’s! You will be part of a collegial and high-performing team in the Centre for Teaching Excellence and Student Success (CTESS), working with colleagues across the University to lead academic development activities and help deliver our ambitious Learning and Teaching Strategy and Curriculum Framework.
CTESS is recruiting an additional Lecturer in Academic Practice to meet growing demand and University ambitions to build upon our existing strengths in learning and teaching (top 5 for student experience and top 10 for teaching quality, Good University Guide 2022).
You will play a key role in leading academic development activities and support for teaching and learning staff at St Mary’s, enabling the University to deliver its ambitions for excellence in students’ academic experience, retention and success, as well as increasing the number of academic and learning support staff with HE teaching qualifications.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering initial and continuing professional development activities to academics, learning support staff, and PG students who teach.
- Supporting staff to complete our pathways to HE teaching qualifications - HEA fellowships and PgCert Academic Practice (Higher Education).
- Developing online learning and teaching resources and materials including internal and external webpages.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to individuals and teams to support the design and development of courses and curricula.
- Contributing to the dissemination of good practice via activities such as the annual Festival of Learning and Teaching.
- Supporting staff to gain reward and recognition for excellence in teaching and learning via internal and external awards and other opportunities.
- Contributing to evaluation, reporting and organisational duties as required.
Modelling good teaching and learning practices and the University’s core values, ensuring these are embedded in the ethos and activities of the team and Centre.
Application Closing Date: 23rd October 2022 at 23:00hrs
Interview's likely to be week commencing 21st November 2022
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006. Where required, this may include entry clearance or continued leave to remain under the Points Based Immigration Scheme. Please ensure you meet the requirements of the Points Based System before applying.
St Mary’s University is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Learn more about our EDI initiatives and work as a Disability Confident employer. We will consider hybrid/flexible/part-time/job share working arrangements.