- Great 12 month opportunity, full-time fixed term
- Support the delivery of international and domestic faculty/school-specific events and projects within Faculty Partnerships
- Base Salary $73K + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Our Sydney Future Students - Faculty Partnerships Team is in a period of exciting and significant alignment toward the University's student recruitment plan and strategies. To deliver the best possible support for the implementation of the strategies and associated initiatives, we are looking for a Project Assistant to join the team.
As the Project Assistant, you will assist in the implementation of student recruitment activities, including events and projects guided by the Faculty Partnerships team. You will also assist with the coordination of faculty/school-specific student recruitment activities, events and projects to deliver the initiatives outlined within the Sydney Future Students strategies. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Faculty Partnerships this is a role that has you at the centre of the teams organisation and helps with the day to day smooth running of our highly professional and deadline driven team.
This is an excellent career building role for someone looking to bring their initiative, enthusiasm and organisation skills to the forefront of their work. Working as part of a large team responsible for student recruitment activities the Project Assistant role requires a willingness and the ability to work occasional flexible hours to participate in online and in-person events and activities.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Project Assistant who possesses:
- excellent administrative skills, coupled with a general understanding of events coordination and project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- problem solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking and managing invoice payments and purchases, and
- advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 8627 9901 or Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 27 September 2022 11:59 PM