Research Associate in Dynamic Systems Modelling
- Full Time
- Full-time, 12 month fixed term possibility of extension
- Opportunity for system dynamics modeller
- Base salary $78,143 - $105,305 + 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
Seeking a Systems Modelling Research Associate to work on exciting projects in collaboration with A/Professor Jo-An Occhipinti, Dr Adam Skinner and Professor Ian Hickie. For information, please refer to the following link Mental Wealth Initiative here
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- undertake system dynamics modelling to evaluate strategic policy and planning initiatives to improve youth mental health across diverse contexts
- engage in participatory approaches to model building, in partnership with key healthcare decision makers and consumers
- work within a team of systems modelers, senior academics, data scientists and clinicians to deliver high quality research outputs
- hold or working towards a PhD in Population Health/Public Health, Systems Science, or Data Science
- experience in undertaking system dynamics modelling or a researcher with sound data analytic skills who is interested in training in system dynamics modelling
- strong applied research and service orientation with an ability to build successful working relationships
- experience with Stella Architect software desirable but not essential
- knowledge &/or experience in Epidemiology &/or Biostatistics, relevant to population health
- proven high level analytical skills & methodical approach to data management & analysis
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page. If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply. For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 03 October 2022 11:59 PM