Postdoctoral Fellow in Soil Monitoring
- Full time 3 years fixed term located on the Camperdown Campus, at Biomedical building at the School of Life and Environmental Sciences
- Opportunity to make valuable contributions to research in soil monitoring
- Base Salary Level A $97,043 p.a. - $ 107,516 p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work under the supervision of Professor Budiman Minasny on a project involving high-resolution evaluation and monitoring of soil change for the Australian continent. The candidate will devise a scalable method to predict how soil has changed across space and time to facilitate tactical and strategic ecosystem management. They will utilise the pedogenon mapping framework developed at The University of Sydney, and leverage soil and spatial data collected from the past 20 years to map and discover where and how soil conditions in Australia have changed.
The School of Life and Environmental Sciences (SOLES) brings together researchers in the life, earth, and environmental sciences to improve teaching and build new infrastructure to support and enhance capacity in research and teaching. It is a large School divided into three Research and Teaching Themes.
To learn more about the SOLES, click here.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD (or near completion) in soil science or related topic
- strong background and skills in spatial analysis, pedometrics and digital soil mapping
- the ability and a willingness to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams to contribute to long-term research goals
- excellent communication (written and verbal), organisational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- a strong track record of publishing their research
- proven fieldwork experience.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Linden Joseph or Rebecca Astar, Recruitment Consultants, Recruitment Operations, by email email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Tuesday 18 October 2022 11:59 PM
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Camperdown
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in Camperdown
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Camperdown
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Associate jobs in Camperdown