School Administration Officer, Student Placement
- Full time, continuing
- Opportunity to support to the School Manager and Head of School managing all student placements
- Base Salary $91,644 - $98,796 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The School Administration Officer - Student Placement in the School of Social and Political Sciences (SSPS) provides administrative support to the School Manager and Head of School managing all student placements at the Undergraduate and Postgraduate Coursework level. The incumbent will also be required to utilise their extensive administrative experience and judgement, helping to analyse matters, provide advice on policy and procedures and support the delivery of school and faculty strategic objectives.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- support Placement Coordinators and Faculty Staff with all administrative coordination through the life-cycle of the placement
- assist School Administration Manager in promoting student placement programs
- manage administrative services and operational support for the School.
We are looking for a School Administration Officer - Student Placement who possesses:
- tertiary qualifications in business administration or the Humanities and Social Sciences and/or equivalent relevant experience in administration
- administrative and/or student placement experience in a tertiary organisation, working knowledge of academic institutions, structures and the higher education sector
- excellent communication and relationship building skills, with experience in negotiation, and excellent customer service
- working knowledge of software programs, content management systems and experience in using and extracting information and value from complex databases
- project management skills and demonstrated capability to work on developing programs in line with institutional objectives
- excellent understanding of client relationship management, dealing with stakeholders from government and business, locally and internationally, within and outside the University.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Paulina Rojas/Nicole Feain from Recruitment Operations, Human Resources via email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 02 October 2022 11:59 PM