Senior Lecturer in Creative Computing
School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences
Senior Lecturer in Creative Computing – REQ001801
Ac 4 £53,353 - £61,823 per annum
Full time (35 hours)
The Post – Senior Lecturer in Creative Computing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Lecturer in Creative Computing (especially in Animation) to provide academic leadership within the Computing Division of the School of Computing, Engineering and Physical Sciences at the UWS Paisley Campus. The teaching provision is centred on animation, games, music technology and ESport within the Computing Division. Creative computing is one of our most popular and growing programme areas.
We welcome applications from experienced academics who can enhance our local, national and international profile. As a line manager you will demonstrate a leadership capability in the subject area, and will be expected to contribute to operational leadership roles within the Division. The successful candidate will be passionate about their subject and will contribute to the on-going expansion of the portfolio as well as to the commercialisation activities of the Division exhibiting an entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset.
The successful candidate will be based at our Paisley Campus. Willingness to travel is an essential aspect of this post both within the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification in a computing related discipline
- Experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education
- Postgraduate qualification in the area of education/learning and teaching and Advance HE Fellowship are highly desirable.
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement in line with the School’s research and enterprise strategy
- Demonstrable experience of hybrid delivery of learning and teaching and use of authentic/real-world assessment approaches
UWS was named Higher Educational Institution of the Year in The Herald Higher Education Awards 2022 and is officially ranked by Times Higher Education in the top 600 universities worldwide (2022 World University Rankings) as well as in the top 150 universities worldwide under 50 years old (2022 Young University Rankings). University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences offers industry-focussed teaching and research opportunities that deliver solutions to real-world problems. You will join an innovative and supportive team, playing a key role in driving forward our ambition to deliver transformational change, through outputs that have a tangible, early and positive impact on society across the globe. Our students benefit from state-of-the-art facilities, extensive expertise in research and development, and our robust collaborations with multinational companies across the world. Find out more about our School of Computing, Engineering & Physical Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Further information is available by contacting the Head of Division for Computing, Professor David Ndzi (David.email@example.com).
Further information, including details of how to apply are available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 16th October 2022
Interview Date: w/c 31st October 2022
The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post)
AC3 – Lecturer
AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)