Faculty of Engineering Technology and Science
To provide effective instruction in general Faculty subjects and in at least two or more specific areas of the assigned program/discipline to the second language learners within a student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. To actively participate in academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community. Contribute to the implementation of HCT’s system-wide strategy. Assist with the development and preservation of system-wide and Faculty/Division-specific policies. Participate in the academic and extra-curricular events at the College and within the community.
Engage in applied research relevant to the Division’s interest and the national innovation agenda and its targeted priority sectors. Use a practical, applied approach and teach courses that are in line with course syllabus and program goals to meet the needs and aspirations of the students and the community.
Develop and utilize various educational technology resources to ensure that effective and innovative instruction methodologies are employed. Apply strategies to ensure that effective student learning is achieved within a second-language environment, providing continuous feedback on student progress through a variety of assessment tools, including tests, projects, assignments, and other evaluation instruments.
Take a student-centered approach, providing students with individual assistance, and dealing promptly with student issues by liaising directly with the student, program supervisor, and other College personnel as required. Apply strategies to ensure effective student learning, provide continuous feedback and monitor student progress and take action to support student success. Evaluate students and timely update grades.
Contribute to question banks and/or coursework assessments as requested. Apply strategies to ensure effective student learning, provide continuous feedback and monitor student progress and take action to support student success. Serve as student advisor as assigned. Provide recommendations on at-risk action plans as required. Support and mentor students during internships and work placements.
• A Ph.D. in a relevant discipline is required where applicable.
• Or a Master's Degree and a professional certification relevant to the discipline with 5 years of teaching and industry experience.
• Or Bachelor's Degree may also be considered for candidates with extensive industry experience and industry certification as per the discipline requirement.
• Appropriate academic professional qualifications as required.
• A minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in the relevant discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience is preferred.
• Experience in developing course curricula as per accreditation and international standards.
• Experience incorporating Educational Technology in curriculum and instructional strategies.
- Faculty of Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Marine Engineering
- Faculty of Aviation Engineering
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Aeronautical Engineering
We highly welcome interested candidates to submit their applications through our HCT Careers website: https://recruit.hct.ac.ae/WebForms/ViewJobList.aspx?p=Faculty. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
- To know more about the HCT, we invite you to visit our website at: https://hct.ac.ae/en/
- You may also explore our respective campuses via a virtual tour at: https://hct.ac.ae/en/campuses/
- Why working at HCT is best? https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=cDHrnInZ2dk