Research Assistant / Associate, Modelling and Data Analysis 1
The Atmospheric Dispersion Team in SNRSI focuses on the modelling and assessment of radioactive pollutant dispersion through the atmosphere. Our objective is to better understand the dispersion pathways of radioactive pollutants over Singapore and its surrounding regions. To achieve that, our team leverages on state-of-the-art numerical models and data analysis techniques. SNRSI offers a good opportunity for developing your research capabilities and data analysis techniques. Join the team and you will embark on the research of numerical dispersion modelling and in-depth data analysis, and play a part for the safety of Singapore.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct research on atmospheric dispersion modelling and data analysis;
- Publish paper in peer-reviewed journals and present research work in conferences.
- BSc or MSc degree in physics, statistics, maths, computer science, or atmospheric sciences;
- Good mastery of a programming language such as PYTHON, C/C++ or MATLAB;
- Self-motivated, able to think out-of-box.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.