Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer, School of Science and Technology
Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU) is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now looking for a suitable person to fill the following position in the School of Science and Technology:
Lecturer / Assistant Lecturer(Ref: 22001N2)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The appointee will be responsible mainly for the following:
- Providing assistance in the course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching) in related disciplines at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Engaging in scholarly activities and student development activities; and
- Participating in School / University activities and administration.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- A higher degree, preferably a doctorate degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or a related discipline;
- Competence in teaching / professional experience including programme development and course administration;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction;
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills;
- Passionate in student development and training;
- Experience in coaching students and leading co-curricular activities will be an advantage; and
- A record of research funding will be an advantage.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Please indicate in your CV for the position(s) that you wish to be considered.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System.
Closing date of application: 29 September2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume thatyour application was unsuccessful.