Research Associate, Li-ion Battery
- One of the major concerns about existing rechargeable Li-ion battery technology is that it takes too long for recharging and is unsafe especially at fast rate of charging. Current project provides solutions for developing safe Li-ion battery technology for high power applications. Project aims to develop high power Li-ion cell technologies using phosphate based positive electrode material along with titanate based negative electrode materials. NUS holds process patents for three electrode materials related to this project.
- We are looking for a highly motivated candidate for quality control of the Li-ion cell produced using the existing prototype line at NUS. As a part of this task, the candidate will be involved in fabrication of commercial type Li-ion cells and their testing at various conditions. Besides Li-ion cell testing, the candidate will also examine heat generation of these high-power Li-ion cells using calorimeter as well as internal resistance using impedance spectroscopy.
- Candidate is expected to regularly coordinate with other Research Fellows as well as industry partner involved in the project.
- Maintenance of the prototype line for cell fabrication.
- Preparation of the periodic progress report and related presentation materials.
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or Materials Science & Engineering or Chemistry or Physics or closely related fields.
- The candidate is expected to have basic knowledge related to Li-ion battery.
- Have a strong desire to be involved in translational/applied research.
- Be a highly motivated, a good communicator (written and verbal), and passionate about research related to renewable energy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to battery research or quality control of products.
- Strong team player with a keen interest to mentor team members.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16407