Research Assistant, Department of Orthopedic Surgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The Department is actively engaged in cutting edge research that encompasses basic science research and translational application. The project is on the application of stem cell for cartilage regeneration, and involves investigation of stem cell functional alteration accordance to substratum manipulation and biophysical stimulation.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the project on time. The RA’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as cell culture, conduct experiment and perform various biochemical and histological analysis, and assist in animal study.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The RA has to:
- Undertake the day to day running of the project and collaborate with team members, analyse data and maintain project database;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with general laboratory upkeep such as stock-keeping and equipment maintenance;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should have:
- A relevant training in life sciences or bioengineering
- Experience in laboratory-based work, preferable includes cell culture techniques and PCR analysis
- Strong aptitude in research work; willingness to pick up new laboratory techniques
- Good oral and written communication skills;
Remuneration will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Dr Yang Zheng at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application: Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees to Ms Chua Li Ping at email@example.com.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Orthopaedic Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 12314