Research Assistant (Cardiovascular Research - Paediatrics)
The Research Assistant (RA) will work closely with the Department of Paediatrics, YLLSoM, NUS, in cardiovascular research, including both clinical and laboratory-based studies. This includes a focus on the CASPER (CArdiac Sequelae in Paediatric CancEr SurvivoRs) study, which assesses the short- and long-term impact of anthracyclines on the cardiac function and blood biomarker profile of patients. The RA’s primary role will be to recruit patients, perform clinical tests, conduct animal and molecular biology experiments, perform statistical analysis for the study, and help with administrative tasks like maintaining study documentation, inventory, and procurement of consumables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out research coordination work, including maintaining of documents and databases, screening for eligible patients, and patient recruitment
- Perform clinical tests such as echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, and phlebotomy on patients
- Collect and transport biological samples to laboratory
- Perform experimental procedures on mice, such as echocardiogram, and giving injections
- Conduct various molecular experiments on human and mouse samples
- Generating results and analysis in a presentable format
- Help with administrative task such as lab inventory, housekeeping, and procurement
- Communicate, coordinate, and follow up with stakeholders of various projects
- Assist with any ad-hoc duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI
The applicant should have:
- Degree in Biomedical Science/Biotechnology/Medical Science
- At least two years of lab experience work is preferred, but fresh graduates are welcome to apply Experience in molecular biology techniques is desirable Trainings will be provided
- Highly motivated, energetic, meticulous, and diligent Able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature with attention to detail Have a keen interest in science and cardiology, applying research to directly benefit people’s lives
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16428