Research Assistant (Nursing - Healthy Longevity TRP)
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant for SG70 – Towards healthy longevity project in Dean’s Office, Healthy Longevity Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The SG70 study is a longitudinal study that aims to pool 3000 subjects from two previous cohorts: Singapore Chinese Health Study (SCHS) and Lifelong Education for Ageing Productively in Singapore (LEAP). These subjects will be followed up for the next 10-15 years, so as to study physical, cognitive, psychological and socioeconomic well-being, as well as the health of various organs and physiological systems. Appointments will be made on a 1 year contract basis.
Purpose of the post
The purpose of the current appointment is to collect and process data related to physical health, spirometry, and oral health as well as collection of bio-samples for the SG70 study.
Candidates will also be expected to assist in the day to day running of the research center such as scheduling appointments and taking consent etc.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel in the SG70 centre to smooth the process of recruitment and data collection and will be accountable to the Principle Investigator (PI). The RA will be required to:
- Collecting of data related to physical measurements for elderly participants (height, weight, skin samples etc);
- Collection of bio-samples for elderly participants (blood, saliva and buccal cells etc);
- Perform spirometry and oral health screening for elderly participants;
- Planning fieldwork for SG70 study and assisting with day to day functioning of the research center;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- Have a degree in nursing/medicine or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- Well-versed with phlebotomy
- have experiences in the geriatric area of research
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 16429