Director, The Bouverie Centre
- Embrace a fully integrated practice-research-translation centre embedded in a supportive, university structure as a research centre within the School of Psychology and Public Health.
- Be a part of an integrated team, all committed to building healthy relationships in families, organisations, and communities.
- Full-time, 5-year fixed-term appointment (renewable) with underlying Professorial substantive position - An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated.
About the role
Want to change the world for the better? Improve mental health and wellbeing for the community? Lead the world’s largest specialist family therapy centre?
The Director, The Bouverie Centre will be responsible for maintaining and further developing our reputation as a progressive, innovative, creative, and passionate organisation, a reputation enjoyed by the Centre since 1956. Leverage and grow the existing $2million (approx) of recurrent practice-research-translation funding from the Victorian Health Department and $2million of entrepreneurial project work with partner organisations, to further recognise and empower marginalised individuals, families, and communities.
Feel the depth of 66 years of innovative, complex, systemic social justice work in a truly values-based, learning organisation and play a key leadership role, complementing and enriching an authentic, transparent, and generous organisational culture.
La Trobe has a strategic focus on refining the Centre’s integrated practice-research-translation model, ensuring equal status of each component of the model.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will bring an outstanding record of achievement in systemic practice, a breadth of academic vision, strategic thinking and demonstrated capacity to provide inspirational leadership, and enact a shared vision.
You will possess a record of active, strong working relationships, strategic relationships with funding sources and the ability to support First Nations, CALD, and Lived and Living Experience staff, programs, and communities.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
The Bouverie Centre is located in a purpose built $15million dollar complex in Brunswick.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
How to apply
Please scroll down to apply
Closing date: Sunday 9 October By 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Professor Jeff Young, Director, The Bouverie Centre email@example.com or Professor Stephen Kent, Dean, School of Psychology and Public Health firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Magaton, Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner M.email@example.com
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up-to-date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential criteria located in the position description.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.