Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship Scheme
RMIT is committed to improving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander sovereignties by creating a supportive research environment. This includes providing Indigenous researchers and research students with the best career opportunities possible, as well as building Indigenous research capacity.
RMIT is looking for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who would like to complete a PhD through the Vice-Chancellor's Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship scheme.
The RMIT Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship scheme forms part of RMIT's commitment to providing Indigenous researchers early career opportunities.
This scheme aims to further build and develop Indigenous knowledges and perspectives and Indigenous academic capability at RMIT.
Successful candidates will receive:
- A Vice-Chancellor's Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship for four years (flexible work options, including part-time arrangements are available for the successful applicants)
- Academic Level A commencing salary
- Training, development and mentorship through the early career researcher's development program, which supports researchers to build their research track record and reputation.
- A place in RMIT's PhD program
As part of the Vice-Chancellor's Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship program, you will:
- Conduct research under supervision towards the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in a chosen discipline and undertake all necessary coursework requirements
- Complete all requisite milestones appropriate to a PhD candidature
- Undertake limited engagement, teaching and supervision activities as required
- Undertake appropriate professional and academic development in support of PhD, teaching and supervision duties.
How to Apply
We invite applicants to submit a 'Statement of Purpose' via the link on our website. Click "apply now" to visit the website and to obtain further information.
The 'Statement of Purpose' application deadline is now open ended however we encourage you to submit your application asap for the 2023 intake
Eligible applicants will be invited to complete a full PhD application.
For further information on the application process, please visit our website or enquire via email VCIPFS@rmit.edu.au or speak to our Indigenous Early Careers Advisor email@example.com
* The Indigenous Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship is an identified opportunity under 'Special Measures' of the Equal Employment Opportunity Act 2010. This means that only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply. Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage is required and you will need to submit this during the 'Register Your Interest' process.