Research Assistant, CIS
- Full Time | Contract
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Singapore | Closing On 15 Oct 2022
contract ending September 2025
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- This position is for College of Integrative Studies (CIS)
- Assist on research on urban vulnerability into heat on Singapore’s population through social science methods based on the Cooling Singapore 2.0 (CS2.0) initiative
- Help PI and RF in testing methodologies for examining resilience to urban overheating developed by PI and RF
- Assist with fieldwork and data collection for CS2.0
- Develop research products (papers, posters, technical reports) for academic publication.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g., Architecture, Building, Ecology, Engineering, Geography, Sustainability Sciences)
- Expertise in quantitative methods (e.g., spatial data analysis, statistics) and/or qualitative methods (e.g. surveying and interviewing approaches to data collection) is expected, based on Honours Thesis/Final Year Project/Undergraduate modules taken
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in programming and statistical software is preferred (e.g., R, ArcGIS, Matlab)
- Good analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills in English is essential
- Self-motivated individual who can work independently and also collaboratively with team members